This working courthouse located in Historic Downtown Opelika across from Courthouse Square is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The renovated structure was built in 1896 in the neoclassical revival style.
The cornerstone for this building was laid in October 1896. It replaced an old frame building and was renovated in the late 1890s at a cost of $2 mil. Neo-classical Revival in style, it is considered the most historically and architecturally significant building in downtown Opelika.